Thank you for choosing ADaptive Technologies. We don't like surprise costs and we know our clients don't like them either. Our terms and conditions are industry standard, mirroring those of our suppliers. Please familiarize yourself with our terms and conditions below:
1. Our support hours are 08:00 – 22:00, Monday- Sunday, 365 days a year.
2. Services are purchased from various providers. We have negotiated specialized access to the ISP systems and technical specialists, in order to provide specialised support. You need to log a fault with us via the channels below.
3. Faults not logged directly via the below channels may not be attended to.
Support Contact Details:
Phone- 011 782 5022 or 064 549 1424
SMS or WhatsApp- 064 549 1424
4. Line faults are logged with the ISP and are attended to by the ADSL, fibre, LTE or VOIP provider.
5. We are not responsible for any spam or scam reports on third party telephonic services, such as TrueCaller or build-in phone spam filters.
6. While we do our best to manage faults as quickly as possible, we ultimately do not own the lines that we can guarantee resolution times. Our ISP partners allow channels to escalate issues faster, however we are still subject to the ADSL, fibre, LTE or VoIP providers resolving the issues.
7. We may not install temporary solutions in the event of a bulk outage.
2. Monthly Fee
1. Our monthly fees are billed in advance, with phone calls being billed in arrears.
2. Support requiring technical intervention may incur an additional labour charge.
3. We offer a fixed fee facility, in order to help clients budget their monthly IT fees better. These come with additional terms and conditions- please get in touch should you want to consider this option.
4. All clients agree to the terms and conditions of our ISPs.
3. Management Fees
1. For Non-Fixed Fee Internet Clients, we provide two service level tiers:
Premium :R200 ex VAT management fee. This fee does not cover additional billables (Annexure A) but covers the administration of aforementioned services rendered by ADaptive Technologies. This includes but is not limited to purchasing services and hardware in advance, all ISP communication, the provision of a temporary internet connectivity should your line have a fault, monitoring stability and usage of services (upon request), special investigations, after hours support with a technician, monthly or adhoc reports as required by yourself.
Standard: R50 ex VAT management fee. This fee does not cover additional billable (Annexure A) but covers the administration of aforementioned services rendered by ADaptive Technologies. This includes but is not limited to purchasing services in advance, all ISP communication, monitoring stability and usage of services (upon request), special investigations, after hours support with a technician, monthly or adhoc reports as required by yourself.
4. Calculation of Call Out Fees and Hardware Charges
1. Fees for professional services to Non-Fixed Fee Clients are calculated on the time spent by our contracted technicians attending to said services, multiplied by the relevant hourly rate of R600 ex VAT.
2. This hourly rate is applied to all work done not covered by the monthly fee.
3. Should you require hardware, software or other repairs that is required immediately to restore services, you agree to the charges. Should the opportunity provide, we will provide you with a quotation for acceptance/ declination.
4. Clients on fixed fee services will attract a labour/ hardware invoices if a callout is requested for services managed by a third part.
1. We do not charge for assessments and quotation are obligation fee.
2. All quotes accepted are required to have the hardware deposit paid upon confirmation (100% hardware paid). Work will not commence unless the hardware deposit has been paid and the fund have cleared.
3. Quotes are valid for seven days only.
3. Labour on accepted quotes are billed upon completion and are payable upon receipt of the invoice.
4. Fixed Fee Clients are subject to a labour fee on adhoc, quoted work.
6. Billing Arrangements
1. Invoices for monthly services are issued on the 19th of the month, with services being payable in advance. This invoice is due by the last business day of the month.
2. VOIP calls are billed with monthly services, however the VOIP billing period runs from the 14th-15th of the month.
3. Labour and hardware are billed with five days of completion and are payable upon receipt of the invoice.
4. We do not work on accounts unless special arrangements have been made with the directors.
5. Any account query is to be logged with our accounts department before month end to avoid suspension of services.
1. Monthly services are due by the last working day of the month. Unless otherwise arranged, if payments are not received on the 1 st of each month, we may immediately stop acting for you.
2. Suspensions can take up to 48 hours to be lifted. This is ISP dependent and not controlled by ourselves.
3. The ISP may suspend arrear accounts without notice.
4. We reserve the right to request that habitual non or late payers move to debit orders in order to maintain the relationship.
5. We reserve the right to terminate (with up to one week's written, email notice) services not paid for for 90 days.
1. All outstanding monies attract interest monthly at 2% per month.
9. Debit Orders
1. Debit orders for monthly services run on an agreed-upon date, per the debit order instruction.
2. Debit orders run every five days. Any completed work will be debited at the next run.
3. You may incur more than one debit off your account.
10. Yearly Increases
1. The Client agrees to an annual fee increase, determined by services inflation.
2. We reserve the right to adjust accounts should we find the arrangement is no long viable. This will be done with notice.
11. Request for Fee Details and Remaining Work Estimate
1. The Service Provider will provide the itemized details of work, fees and costs incurred for work completed, and an estimate o f the work, fees and costs payable to complete the project/ job.
12. Termination by Client
1. You may terminate adhoc work by giving us a written notice at any time but will be liable for all fees incurred up to that time. If you do not provide such notice, it will be obligated to pay for all work done and other charges incurred.
2. We do not accept immediate cancellations, as our suppliers do not accept immediate cancellations.
3. You may terminate monthly services by providing a calendar months’ notice (IE by close of business on the last working day of the month). You will be liable for all fees incurred up to that time. If you provide notice at any other time of the month, you shall be obligated to pay for the remainder of the month and the following month fees (if applicable) as we requires a full calendar month as per our ISPs.
4. Should you wish to cancel your service within six months of installing, there is a penalty of R999 per our providers.
5. Some ISP services are on 12 or 24 month contract basis only. We will advise and obtain written, email authorization before installing these services, however you will be held to the term of the contract or subject to a cancellation fee.
6. Services will not be released until the account is brought up to date.
7. The ONT installed in your premises is the property of the fibre provider - this must be left at the unit as removing that device may result in penalties.
8. VoIP extensions are not automatically cancelled when a number is ported. VoIP requires notice by the 12th of the month.
13. Termination by ADaptive Technologies
1. We may terminate this agreement and stop acting for you if:
1.1 You do not comply with this agreement
1.2 We form the opinion, on reasonable grounds, that mutual confidence and trust do not exist between both parties.
We offer the following billable services:
(All services provided on a best-effort basis; no obligation or warranty for services is given by ADaptive Technologies).
1. Remote Technician or Back-Office Time: We always attempt to resolve issues remotely or via back office. This takes varying amounts of time and skills and is more cost effective than having a technician attend to site. You accept charges for this time.
2. Onsite Technician Time: Should our technicians or back office not be able to assist remotely; you agree to a call out fee.
3. Equipment: Equipment is not covered by our monthly fee. Most equipment has a warranty of 3-6 months. Warranties are subject to terms and conditions provided by our suppliers and includes, but is not limited to, lightning strikes, electrical surges, water damage, physical damage, and alterations to the device’s appearance.
4. Data: If you have a 3G or LTE modem installed – normally for our VOIP telephones – there is a cost to load the data on the device for you. We charge a flat rate per data load, irrespective of the amount of data used Should you wish to supply your own data, please make contact to discuss the relevant details.
5. Upgrading of your services: When a service is upgraded from ADSL to Fibre, the ADSL service is cancelled after the Fibre service has been installed, to ensure that Internet is always available. This cancellation can take Telkom up to six weeks or more, and there will be a duplicate charge for both Fibre and ADSL during this period. Liability for the ADSL charge remains with yourself.
6. Moving your services: When you are moving houses and require services to be moved, please be aware that we need as much notice as possible. Fibre services cannot be moved as they are fixed line services, thus new orders need to be placed. If notice is not provided on a calendar month basis, you will be liable for the internet for the following month at your old residence, as well as pro-rata services at your new address.
7. Excessive Internet usage: May result in the agreement becoming unsustainable and may incur additional charges. All users are subject to a FUP.
8. Fixed fee clients will be billed labour if the reported issue was caused by tampering by staff or other providers.